Thursday, May 9, 2019

Thanks, Dana, & looking forward to Gwynne's talk June 12

Big thanks to Dana Ramstedt for her good presentation on book-formatting. Author Gwynne Hunt will speak at our next meeting, June 12 at 6:30 PM in the Games Room of North Shore Community Centre, 730 Cottonwood. Here's a bit about Gwynne:
 
I have recently had a book published by Silver Bow Publishing, Unlocking the Tin Box. I am looking for writer's groups and/or events where I can do a reader's theatre or storytelling performance with stories from my book. Of course my goal is to sell my books but I enjoy sharing the creative journey with others.
 
I went searching for my dad-the real person by looking though his old tin box, telling his stories and mine. Growing up very poor in Vancouver and other parts of B.C. I bring in a lot of colour and local history. The journey ended when I did dna and found out he was not my biological dad and I was not English at all but a Viking!
 
I live in Port Alberni and would like to find places off the Island to promote my work. I was born in Kamloops and write a bit about my early years there 1949. If you go to Amazon you can read the first two chapters for free. [Here's the link to Gwynne's book: https://www.amazon.com/Unlocking-Tin-Box-Gwynne-Hunt/dp/1774030101 ]
 
I have written, directed and produced over 30 plays. I've produced many Fringe Festivals. I have published four magazines and three books, and been included in many anthologies and chapbooks. I designed and taught a Creative & Freelance Writing course and taught it through adult education at the University of the Fraser valley for ten years. I consider myself a working writer and offering advice and tips is what I do.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment