Monday, June 3, 2019

Storytelling & Traditions with Gwynne Hunt: IAG June 12

The next Interior Authors Group meeting is Wed June 12 at 6:30 PM, North Shore Community Centre, 730 Cottonwood, Kamloops in the Games Room. Exciting presentation:


Storytelling & Traditions

with Gwynne Hunt of Port Alberni, BC

How we tell the story of our lives; the importance of sharing.

Unlocking the Tin Box

Introducing a new book by Gwynne Hunt; a reading

Books will be for sale for $25 (cash only please)


Here's some background info about Gwynne and her book:


I was born in Kamloops and write a bit about my early years there. 


I have recently had a book published by Silver Bow Publishing, Unlocking the Tin Box. I went searching for my dad-the real person by looking though his old tin box, telling his stories and mine. Growing up very poor in Vancouver and other parts of B.C. I bring in a lot of colour and local history. The journey ended when I did dna and found out he was not my biological dad and I was not English at all but a Viking! 

If you go to Amazon you can read the first two chapters for free. Here's the link: https://tinyurl.com/y5efomj6


I have written, directed and produced over 30 plays. I've produced many Fringe Festivals. I have published four magazines, three books and been included in many anthologies and chapbooks. I designed and taught a Creative & Freelance Writing course and taught it through adult education at the University of the Fraser valley for ten years.





No comments:

Post a Comment